Events & Programs
NewS & Events
- Our Children's Festival Clown Needs a Name
Enter The Contest & Win!
- May 1 - 31: Whistler Secondary School Art Show
- Tuesdays & Fridays: Life Drawing
- May 22: WAC Annual General Meeting
- May 29: Monthly Doc Series: "The House I Live In"
- May 31 - June 2: Drawing - How To Get Started & Get Better
- June 5 - Photography Beyond Borders
- June 7 - 9: Playing With Paint
- June 14 - 16: Matisse - Paint Like The Pros
- June 15: Basket Weaving with Tule Rush
- June 16: Basket Weaving with Cedar Bark
- June 21 - 23: Intensive Life Drawing
- June 22 & 23: Master Your DSLR Camera - Intermediate
- June 16: "The Island President"
Calls for Entry
- ROUND 1 APPLICATIONS DUE: FRIDAY MAY 27
Whistler Street Entertainment & Busking on Fitzsimmons Trail - call for artists, performers & musicians
- 2013 Valley Trail Project Competition Call for Entry
- MPCS Visual Artist-in-Residence Program Call for Entry
- Workshops and Community Programming Call for Entry
Out Of Bounds - Call for Entry
- Bizarre Bazaar 2013 - Call for Artists & Artisans
Whistler Arts Council
The Whistler Arts Council (WAC) is a registered charity established in 1982 with a mandate to build and integrate the arts into the fabric of the community of the Resort Municipality of Whistler and surrounding areas.
Annual events and programs include: Whistler Winter Arts Festival, Out of Bounds: Tales from the Backcountry, ArtWalk, Whistler Children’s Art Festival, Whistler Art Workshops on the Lake, ARTrageous, Bizarre Bazaar, Whistler Street Entertainment and an annual Performance Series. WAC provides the annual Student Art Awards and Bursaries, an annual Artist Award of Excellence, Member Group Grants, resources, and information to artists, the community and outside organizations.
WAC acts as a referral service, information network and co-programmer, incorporating local arts and culture in other community events and programs for the purpose of educating and advancing the public's understanding and appreciation of the visual, performing, and literary arts. Since June 2010, WAC operates Maurice Young Millennium Place – a 250-seat theatre and Whistler’s hub for arts and culture.